ROBOTICS OF RAIT 88
RAIT88 is a reliable partner that supports the customer in the design, development and development of high-tech architectures and systems.Similarly, Service Robotics with Industrial Automation, Design and Soft-computing Techniques for the control and development of Embedded Systems, represent our core business.
The group has a consolidated experience in all aspects regarding software and hardware planning and design in the robotics and automated controls fields.
The main activities are based on embedded hardware and soft-computing techniques for modelling, simulating and controlling.
RAIT 88 plans, supplies and integrates systems for Service Robotics.
The main activities of RAIT 88 in the field of service robotics are:
- Design and Planning
- Modelling, shaping and simulation
- Techniques of soft computing for control
- Development of embedded systems for navigation and localization
In our laboratories we have designed, built and integrated various service and mobile robot prototypes:
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
- Fully Autonomous & Remotely Operated Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV)
- Neurosurgical robotics
- Climbing Robots
- Agricultural robots
RAIT 88 conducts research ad development activities, offering design and integration service of modules within the field of service robotics:
- Sensor System of set-up/position for Unmanned Aerial Vehilce (UAV) / Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV):
– Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
– Air Data Attitude and Heading Reference System (ADAHRS)
– Inertial Navigation System (INS)
- Systems of view and image processing
- Simulation Tools
- GPS Systems of localization, Augmentation Systems (EGNOS, RTK-DGPS, A-GPS)
- Traction Systems
RAIT 88 designs, supplies and integrates systems of industrial automation.
We study solutions, which guarantee the maximum potential of the system and the decrease of production costs, enabling a rapid modification of production cycles. We also guarantee the possible subsequent modification/expansion of the plant or system.
The Team offer solutions alle necessità dell’industria di processo utilizzando applicazioni di automazione industriale standard (PLC) ed avanzate (Programmable Automation Controller – PAC).
RAIT 88 also takes care of the implementation and installment of SCADA systems, through which it can intervene and monitor the plant locally or remotely.
The connectivity of devices is guaranteed through the use of fieldbus, according to the guidelines imposed by the project (minimal cycles, bandwidth, speed of transmission), from the classical fieldbus (Profibus, DeviceNet, CANOpen) to the ethernet-based ones, which guarantee more advanced real-time specific (EtherCAT)
RAIT 88 manages the design and development of Hardware, Firmware and Software of embedded systems.
Our team is responsible of every phase necessary for the creation of highly technological content systems:
- System Analysis: based upon the specifics of the system and of the client, the hardware and software architecture is identified.
- Completion of the Architectural Executive project: during this phase we realize and/or assemble the hardware devices identified in the previous phase, while at the same time creating prototypes.
- Architecture and Testing of Prototypes: we carry out tests in our laboratories to verify the actual functionality of the system. At the end of this phase the system is ready to be tested on site.
- Engineering/ Industrialization
- Creation and Supply of the Final Product
We make use of the following technologies:
- PC Embedded
The main fields of application are:
- Analogic Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Power Electronics
- System for Implementing
- Systems of Localization
- Systems of signal acquisition, data-logging, analysis
- Sensors network
- Systems for data transmission
- Radiofrequency systems: Bluetooth, zigbee, gsm/gprs/umts
- Networks (wired and wireless)
- Power Line Communication Systems
RAIT 88 Designs, supplies and integrates systems of Industrial Manipulation
The Team has a consolidated experience of more than ten years in the robotics applied to the industrial field.
RAIT 88 integrates robots (anthropomorphic, cartesian, scara) which are more technologically advanced, in order to offer its clients a system which can be both simple, reliable and flexible.
Analyzing the specific details of the process and the possible pre-existent plan, we decide upon the ad hoc architecture in order to maximize the production/cost relation.
RAIT 88 also supplies and installs perimeter safety islands.